Flexible Response Mechanism
Apply for funding through the Flexible Response Mechanism
The Flexible Response Mechanism supports civil society organisations in the Eastern Neighbourhood Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine – in a flexible and fast way in a highly unpredictable and turbulent environment.
The total yearly budget for Flexible Response Mechanism is DKK 5,000,000.
Who can apply?
The Flexible Response Mechanism supports a broad variety of civil society actors, including (but not limited to):
- Human rights defenders
- Artists and/or cultural non-governmental organisations
- Journalists and documentarists
- Trade unions or other non-governmental labour organisations;
- Associations, networks or any other organisation that represents a certain voice/group in a society
- Civil society actors in the Eastern Neighbourhood Countries currently in exile with a previous or existing partnership with a Danish organisation
…that are under pressure due to:
- war and/or conflict;
- drastic change in political or legislative context (positive or negative);
- rapidly closing space and/or fundamental human rights under threat;
- deterioration of legislative framework and legal protection;
- sudden political tension or polarisation;
- external and/or internal threat to the existence or unhindered operations.
Please note, that all applicants must have a Danish-based organisation as a partner. Consortium member organisations of the New Democracy Fund can be such a partner.
What kind of initiatives are supported?
The Flexible Response Mechanism strives to support projects that focus on:
- Countering restrictions and human rights abuses, to overcome risks and emergencies and reclaim civic space
- Using new windows of opportunity and new political openings
- Providing emergency assistance to individuals of all genders and groups under threat, where the support is channelled through a civil society organisation
Maximum grant amount awarded: 400.000 DKK. Co-financing is allowed if needed.
Timeframe: max. 1 year. Please note, that all activities must be concluded before the end of 2026
How to apply
Please, read the full guidelines before applying:
Flexible Response Guidelines 2023
In order to apply, please fill out the following forms in English:
- Flexible Response Application Form 2023
- Flexible Response Budget Template 2023
- Flexible Response Work Plan 2023
Application, budget, and work plan should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: Rolling application deadline
Applications are handled on a rolling basis. Potential applicants should expect a processing time of four to six weeks.
We kindly ask that all questions are sent to email@example.com