New Cooperation Mechanism
The purpose of the New Cooperation Mechanism is to provide Danish civil society actors with an opportunity to start new or extend existing partnerships in the Eastern Neighbourhood Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine – to promote democratic dialogue, hold duty-bearers to account, and ensure that the voice of the rights holders is heard.
The total yearly budget of the New Cooperation Mechanism is DKK 10,000,000.
Who can apply?
The New Cooperation Mechanism supports a broad variety of:
- Danish civil society actors, registered in Denmark, who want to engage or deepen partnerships with civil society in the Eastern Neighbourhood Countries. The Danish partner, being a lead applicant, must submit a joint application with its partner from the Eastern Neighbourhood Country.
Civil society actors are broadly defined as democratically organised civil society organisations, social movements, media, academia, trade unions as well as community-based groups and organisations, including cultural, educational, and knowledge institutions.
What kind of initiatives are supported?
The New Cooperation Mechanism strives to support projects that focus on:
- Sustainable and long-lasting cooperation between civil society actors in Denmark and the Eastern Neighbourhood Countries, in which the applicants strive towards establishing long-lasting cooperation and solid exit strategies.
The maximum budget amount is up to DKK 1,200,000.
- Shorter term actions, enabling Danish civil society to search, continue and/or develop existing or new partnerships in the Eastern Neighbourhood Countries.
The budget amount is within the range of DKK 50-150,000. Please notice, that these projects require a separate application form.
How to apply
Please, read the full guidelines before applying:
In order to apply, please fill out the following forms in English:
(Please note – there are two different applications forms depending on the applied amount)
- New Cooperation Application form 2023 – up to 150K*
- New Cooperation Application Form 2023 – more than 150k*
- New Cooperation Budget Template 2023
- New Cooperation Work Plan 2023
*Please note, that the application forms have been updated in April, 2023.
Application, budget, and work plan should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(We’d greatly appreciate it if you can send all the documents as PDF-files)
Deadline for submission: March 17th 2024
We kindly ask that all questions are sent to email@example.com